12.31.2008

New years eve/day

now most go out drink and have a good time, then there are some that just stay in with there family.

and then there are some of us that hardly even count this as a holiday at all. it is one of them holidays that has little meaning to me. I under stand the hole celebrate the new years coming, but for a long time now I see nothing good coming of the coming year, more bills more tax and less money.

even now with school stating for me (still having a hard time with that) I see nothing any better then the years past, now don't get me wrong I do see how lucky i am and to healthy kids a great wife a house and all. but to tell you the truth when you have spent so much time trying to run up the never ending escalator it is hard to celebrate another year of running.

(THAT KID IS BACK ON THE ESCALATOR)


well that is my 2 cents on this holiday and for every one out there happy new year, drive safe and live another year.

1 comment:

Joe C said...

It's a new year. A lot of people are using it as a new starting point, no matter how good or bad they see things right now.

Yeah, I sometimes live in the past too, thinking those days were so much better, and on some levels, they were. You and I would sit around, listen to music, hop in a Celebrity and just cruise, discussing the nuances of life and yelling at some poor fucker on the side of the road.

I miss that.

But now, you have an amazing family who loves you unconditionally, and frankly bro -- I'm jealous. I know money's tight and things can be tough, but dude -- look at what you've got and enjoy every moment.

"Empire" may have had a better ending with the more realistic, bitter ending, and "Jedi" had a bunch of muppets, but man, embrace the fuckin' ewoks and enjoy them for the time they are and love the fact that there's always hope in "Empire", no matter how bad it gets.

Love ya, bro. Have a good 2009.