2.02.2006

To day

Well the day started ok, got the dishes going and checked the mail, started the coffee. And as I started to get ready to get going on cleaning up the kitchen the phone rings. What's that you say the phone no way, well I check the caller id and it is my apt complex. So I answer with the hole hay you know it is coming up on two years and you still have not fixed the bath room ceiling, I was waiting to heir that I made the check out for rent wrong or something. Instead I get the maintains guy is going to stop by and check my smoke detector. Now that is some crap he better bring a battery, the dame thing goes of if you turn the stove on, take a shower or have a smoke and walk by it. So of cores I took the battery out, the dame thing goes off over every thing. So they nicely informed me that some time during the next to day we will be stopping by. Ok fine now I got to move the ferret cage and move there toys. Now I don't think the maintains guy would tell the office but well I am not going to take a chance with it.

little up date we have 3 spots of bad dry wall one in the living room one in the bed room and the bathroom. Now we went and complained about this and we were told we were put on the top of the list to get it done. Now I have seen the dry wall guy like 6 or 7 times has he stopped here no. Thanks so fucking much for putting me at the top of the list. I should just do it my self and send them a hefty bill. That would be fun.

4 comments:

Lish said...

In writing, tell your complex that you will withhold rent until they make necessary repairs. This is legal, as long as you do, in fact, pay them when they have the repairs completed. I've used this a couple of times, and it has worked wonders.

Joe C said...

If you take the above advice, I'd move the ferrets and a cat to another home, considering only one car is paid for.

Stepho said...

Garvin has the same problem with his apartment building. And it's a pain in the ass to have to hide the cats every time someone comes up to inquire about whatever the fuck they're there to inquire about. And I thought it was only legal to withhold rent if they were fucking with your utilities. At the most, unfinished repairs might get you out of your lease, but I don't think you'd be allowed to just not pay rent entirely. Esp if they know about the ferrets and can argue that you've already broken the lease by having them.

Messed Up said...

ya so a funny thing happend he never came and checked the smoke thing. but he did stop by and had the dry wall guy with him. he came and asesed the problem and said he would come back and fix it when he could. and all I did was bitch to the lady in the office about the dry wall not being done, she told me well he has not been there for a wile. A LIE and i told her he has been here the last few days and out of no were they show up at the door. (now we will have to wate another few months for them to fix it).......