5.19.2006

In Search of



Yes I am searching for a why here. I want to know why the church is in such an up roar about this Da Vinci code crap, now I have not see nor read the Da Vinci code. I do know they discredit the bible and all, but what I don't under stand is why this is such a big thing that there are churches out saying it is the work of the devil. I just don't get it who cares what movie/ book has to say about something that you believe so much in.

It is almost like they are stepping on there marketing ads or something. They must relay be hurting there sales if they are this up in arms about it.

In closing it is a book made up or not it is in a book the same as the shit you read, and preach to others, the truth is if it was found to be true they would have to close up shop because no one would listen to there book any more.

Sad but true, there is a grain of truth in that that is so denied.

3 comments:

Lish said...

Some church clerics consider anything that conflicts with scripture to be blasphemy. Our society is so dominated by pop culture that I think the church (primarily Catholic church) is afraid that people will stop believing in (and paying) the church.
A very similar thing happened with the Harry Potter series when it was first released. Some of the Dutch Reformist churches (and Baptist) churches on the west side of the state (and other areas, I'm sure) held rallies and destroyed the books (not with fire - that would be too much like Nazis).
There was so much upheaval about the content, when they should have been pleased that someone finally got this "lost generation" to read when reading skills are diminishing and students are not achieving as they used to.

David Stehle said...

I don't know if all these churches and people who are against the movie are aware of this fact, but by making such a stink over The Da Vinci Code, they are actually drawing more attention to the movie = making more people want to see it.

As a matter of fact, if this movie wasn't hyped up so much, I may not be interested in seeing it. But since it's all you hear about, I'm going to have to go and check it out for myself. See if it lives up to the hype/controversy, whatever you want to call it.

I'll keep an open mind going into it. After all, it's just a movie people.

Messed Up said...

Lish--- How very true

Diamondkt-- I do find it funny they draw so much attention to it.