5.09.2006

Old news new view

A&E is doing a recap on the trench coat mafia. Now I find this pretty dame funny seeing they are ripping on the very kids which I was. They are blaming video games like doom which I played, and music lyrics from Marilyn Manson which I still listen


to. Now I find it funny what parents go after ever thing to try and get an answer. But the one thing they do not look at is them self's, you can't blame you chilled killing someone or themselves just from the games they place or the music he listens to.

I did all these things right down to the black cloths black finger nails and lipstick, I mean well we all go throw some kind of faze in life. In this recap on A&E they are going to schools and having students ware cameras to see what goes on in school. They had freaks and geeks comment on how they are treated, and then jocks yes we all know who I am talking of. We have all been in school the jocks run the place and treat every other person like shit, hummm you think that might be it nahh it would not be that easy. The really funny part is they talk to the jocks and asked them why the freaks and geeks would not like them, what do they say "I don't know why we never did any thing to them" ya right like I believe that one. I went to school and I was one of the freaks I know what jocks do.


You know I was part of a class Alfa and this class groped kids like me with jocks and other students that were not part of the same social group. The hole propos of this class was to brake down the stereo type barriers, and it did so this class started some time in the early 70's and ran until the year after I graduated (ya I did that), the official diction to stop the group from the school board was "the class cost to much to run and showed no results". This was the most bullshit I had ever heard.

This class for me and many other students not only help but made us see, school is not life it is more along the lines of pre life. This class helped every person see that we are all the same regardless of are appearances, it is sad to say that this class did not show any results for the school system when it showed so many students that you should not judge a book by its cover. Now I know we have all hired the saying but who many people follow this saying.

I my self try and I think Alfa helped a lot in that. I think the biggest thing I saw out of the class was, the jocks and G-dogs really see us freaks as the same as them, we just looked different. The freaks that get all the shit are the ones that are strong we choose to look different and don't care what others think, we do not try are hole life to look like all the others to try and fit in with them. We are who we are and that is what you have to deal with.

The think I think really made me realize the whole pre life scenario is one thing. I new a few very poplar people that after school was over, they realized they were nothing out side of the constructs of school, and tried to comet suicide. Now none of them when throw with it but they realized the truth. They are nothing out side of school; the funny thing is one of the jobs I went to for a wile I ran in to the jocks of my school.

They all new me I was the one that got in fights with many of them, the one that would not take shit, the one would go for it all or nothing. Now walking in to this place of employment with all the jocks of old, they all very quickly came to say hello to me and ask who life was to me. Now this was funny because almost all of the people I was working with went to college and got some sort of degree but yet what are they doing working in the same factory as me. (I laughed my ass off after the first day of work.)

Now threes were the people that said over and over I would be nothing in life, I was never going to make it out side of school, and to see that they made nothing of there life's was very fitting. In the few months that I worked there I surpassed most of them and if I would have stated longer I am sure I could have been there manager which would have been very fitting.


And for the martial of this little write up. Don't judge a book by it cover, no school is not life only pre life, no you all suck and I should have killed you all, no the moral would be you go as fare as you want to go high school meant nothing life is only lived when you get a job and pay your own way throw life.

3 comments:

Clay said...

blaming manson for violence is foolish - like he said in Blowing for Columbine that day alone the president bombed someone. I cant believe so many years later that people cannot have a progressive convo about this.

Lish said...

One of my classmates at WMU wrote an incredible book on the issues facing teens of the 90s and how the music of Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails, as well as graphic video games, helped teens work through mental, social, and behavioral problems. It is more focused on how teachers should use these items in classroom discussion and writing now, but it still explains a lot about our generation and the problems we faced. Unfortunately, the book was turned down because the publisher thought it sent the message that teachers should be responsible for keeping track of the mental well-being of students (a very controversial political issue in education right now). I hope it gets published within the next couple of years, though. It is one of the most eye-opening reads around. Her case studies sounded so much like my group of friends.
When it finally does get published, I recommend reading it!

Messed Up said...

Clay- I know what you mean

Lish- it dose sound like a good read you will have to update me on that one.